Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fitness New England and New Goals

Just two and a half weeks ago I was in a pair of clear heels on stage in front of a panel of judges, a packed theatre at Mohegan Sun, and television cameras streaming live footage. My time on stage at Fitness New England was relatively brief but each time I took stage, I left feeling a rush of exhilaration! I did it again! My second fitness competition was every bit as exciting as my first, if not more! My body looked better than it did in my first show and I was really excited to have shared this show with so many amazing Savage girls!

If you are wondering, I did not place in the top 5. In fact, I didn't place very well at all. I would be lying to say that it was not dissappointing to me but as one of my close teammates pointed out "that's not why we do this though, Jenn" - and it's true at this point in my journey. I have a lot to learn about presenting on stage before I can expect to reach a top spot and for now, my focus is on learning about myself and taking my physique to a place it's never been before.

That leads me to where I stand right now. I am a bikini competitor and I intend to stay in this class because I feel it's where my physique most fits in, however, I think even in bikini, I would do better with more muscle. So I am in the first week of a building phase. Read: eat food and lift heavy. Sounds awesome right? It is, it's actually my ideal situation.

But lifting heavy is making me super tired so I am off to bed so these muscles can grow!

1 comment:

  1. I think that's so awesome that you took this experience and are using it for the positive! You can only go up from here!

    ReplyDelete